We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us and we have created this policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
As detailed in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 customers who are consumers (ie private individuals rather than trade customers) have the right to return standard goods and have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within a period of 14 days, beginning with the day after the day on which item(s) are delivered.
Any cancellation request must be made in the timeframe specified and we will then arrange to collect the order (if agreed) and provide a full refund providing that,
- We receive the product within 14 days following the date the goods were delivered to you.
- The returned product is unused, in the original packaging with any labels still attached and in ‘as new’ condition. Shrink-wrapped and factory packaged worktops must be returned unopened.
- You comply with the returns procedure detailed below.
- They are not one of the following products which are excluded:
- Adhesives, Installation Kits or any other products liable to deteriorate
- Damaged goods
- Bespoke or made to order goods
- You must cancel the contract within the timeframe specified and complete a Cancellation Form, such as the one below, and send to Surfaces Direct.
- Customer returns must be agreed by both parties before the goods are returned. The collection cost must be paid by the customer (except in instances where the goods supplied are faulty, have been supplied in error or were mis-described by the seller). We are under no obligation to offer a collection service in these circumstances but we can arrange collection of large items.
- Small products returned under this policy must be sent by Royal Mail Signed For delivery and sent to our distributors address that we will provide.
- Large items eg worktops - where we agree to arrange a collection a charge of no less than £40 (England & Wales) / £60 (Scotland) will be confirmed when the collection is arranged and must be paid prior to the collection date. This amount is non-refundable. Alternatively the customer may arrange transportation and must pay all costs involved in transporting the goods back to the warehouse from which they were despatched - the address will be provided. The goods must be insured whilst in transit for the full value.
Refunds for returned goods will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the goods in suitable condition. We reserve the right to recover any amount, up to the full contract price, in cases where the value of the returned goods has diminished as a result of unreasonable care.
We will not refund to you any costs you incur in returning the product to us.
We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
Our Contact Details
This website is owned and operated by Kitchens Online (KOL) Limited.
Our principal place of business is Little Moorland Mill, Moorland Road, Drighlington, West Yorkshire BD11 1JY.
You can contact us by writing to the address above, by using our website contact form or by email to [email protected]
Model Cancellation Form
To: Kitchens Online (KOL) Limited, Little Moorland Mill, Moorland Road, Drighlington, West Yorkshire BD11 1JY.
Email: [email protected]
I/We* hereby give notice that I/We* cancel my / our contract of sale of the following goods:
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Signature of consumer:
*Delete as appropriate
Damaged Goods, Discrepancies and Shortages
At Surfaces Direct, the products we sell are all carefully inspected before they’re dispatched. However, on rare occasions an item you’ve ordered may arrive damaged, the wrong item may have been sent, or something is missing from your order.
We ask that when your products arrive, you check them carefully to ensure everything has arrived and is in good condition. Your signature indicates that everything you ordered is present and you are happy with their condition.
If anything in your order is damaged or missing, or the wrong product has been supplied, you should get in touch via our Contact Us page within 48 hours. Please provide us with as much detail of the problem as you can, ideally sending us photos of the damage or other issues with the product. Our team will then assess your complaint.
We will then agree a date to pick up the damaged goods or send you the items you’re missing. We do not charge for collection or delivery in cases where the goods are damaged or missing.
We will offer a replacement item if it’s in stock. If the item you’ve ordered is unavailable, we can issue a refund for the missing product or the whole order depending on your preference. Both the customer and the seller must agree to the return before a replacement product or refund can be supplied.
Please note that laminate worktops should always be stored flat and placed on wooden bearers positioned at 500mm intervals.
You should make sure you are satisfied with the condition of your purchases before you fit them. Once a product has been cut, drilled or otherwise altered, we cannot replace it.